Sorry for my prolonged weekend absence, but nonetheless, the Seven Day Opera Challenge has been going strong. On Friday, I was suggested Papageno from The Magic Flute! Here are my Papageno activities:
- I whistled like a bird the whole day.
- Listened astutely for the bells.
- Kept quite for a portion of the day.
- Other stuff I’m too tired to remember
On Saturday, I was suggested Bob from The Old Maid and the Thief by Menotti. This was really interesting actally because I had never heard of this opera and it was really cool to learn about! Here are my Bob-isms:
- Had to solicit stores for a family fundraiser.
- Stole a bite of my brother’s chocolate bar.
- Looked up escaped convicts.(Never doing that again…)
- This opera is hard to pin down so there wasn’t much for today.
Finally today, I was Hoffmann from Offenbach’s Les Contes d’Hoffmann. This was the second time I was assigned a Hoffmann character this week… Interesting:
- I wrote a speech.(Writing vibe)
- Looked up Kleinzach. Interesting place…
- Looked for stars. (Get it? Stella…?)
So tomorrow is the last day of this Opera Challenge and believe me, it has been a challenge and a TON of fun!
Tweet me my FINAL character tomorrow @OperaTeen and see who I can be!